It is a unique product, because it consists of one hundred percent leaves and hearts of Paraguay holly leaves.
Yerba Mate Green is considered by experts to be the noblest variety of yerba mate, due to the fact that about 60% of this yerba mate comes from natural resources and the remaining 40 % is harvested on slopes above 800 m above sea level.
This Brazilian green mate is more delicate in taste than the dried fruit from Paraguay or Argentina, it has a slightly perceptible bitter note. It is harvested in the morning and dried the same day in the evening to keep the leaves from fermenting. Mate Despalada is dried with hot air. The use of special smoke-free dryers avoids the loss of flavor value of the leaves, which are then cut and packed and then shipped as flavor blends or as pure Yerba Mate Green Despalada.
That is why this type of yerba mate is recommended to beginners, who can feel the real taste of this famous South American drink – without any flavor additives, while not starting the adventure with it from strong or bitter varieties intended for gourmets.
There are no reviews yet.